SimPod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fansite for The Sims fans! In celebration of The Sims 3!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Vote for us!

Poll
SPORE Sister Site - Good Idea?
Great Idea!
What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_lcap10%What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Not Bad
What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_lcap40%What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Not Sure
What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_lcap20%What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No
What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_lcap30%What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Definately Not!
What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_lcap0%What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?

Go down 
+2
Rivendell-x
Ashleighx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashleighx

Ashleighx

Number of posts : 50
Which Trait Best Describes You? : Evil !
Registration date : 2009-01-12

What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Empty
PostSubject: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Soooo.... What do you think... ?

I for one dont mind It, I bought Spore [which I didnt know even had It on at the time] And I had no problems with It... So why are people going on and on about It ?

Get Posting Your Opinions !

flower
Back to top Go down
Rivendell-x

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:44 am

It sounded pretty bad...but then my brother said the whole point of it is to make sure people don't illegally own it by putting a limit of computers it can be installed on. As for them monitering our computer movements...that's apparently untrue. Also creating a lot of problems, also apparently untrue.

So I don't have a problem with it, really. I'll still get the game if it has SecuROM on it.
Back to top Go down
SimPod
Admin
Admin
SimPod

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:56 am

I can see the point in the whole idea but I don't approve. I think it is highly inconvenient and in my opinion - EA Games will lose a lot of sales. In fact they already have; many fans are refusing to buy the game unless EA removes the protection! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpod.co.uk
Louise

Louise

Number of posts : 8
Which Trait Best Describes You? : Hopeless Romantic, Family Orientated.
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:55 am

I don't have any experience of SecuROM, I don't know much about it. When it was said that it could be included in TS3, I did look into it. It seems that some people have no problems with SecuROM at all, but others seem plagued by them. At this moment in time, i'm just going to wait and see what happens come Feb 20th. I have to upgrade RAM and such, but I have no intentions of doing that until after release day. As much as I want the game and think that i'll get it, i'm in no rush so I suspect by the time I get round to buying the game these issues will be cleared up. We'll either have it or we wont. Should it be included, i'll wait and see what fans have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
ChiChi
Moderator/Graphics Designer
Moderator/Graphics Designer
ChiChi

Number of posts : 50
Which Trait Best Describes You? : Hopless Romantic

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:02 am

Securom + EA = FAIL

Securom doesnt even stop piracy. Some people already said will be able to have the game hacked wiithin a week.

All its doing is harming and criminalising the honest costumers. When hackers get off scot free with a better game to play. Securom damages some peoples comupters and disables DVD drives. Theres already 6 lawsuits against EA because of Securom. Securom installs on your computer without your permission. No ''I agree or I disagree'' And if you want to uninstall it the only way to do so is to wipe your system and start again or in some people's cases having to replace a while hard drive.

Tons of people are already said they are not buying the sims 3 because of securom. EA would be very stupid to ignore compliants and keep putting DRM on their games. The fact is DRM doesnt work and they know it.

Some people say that piracy is just an excuse and the real reason for limited installs/activations is to destory the second hand game market which companies say they lose alot of money from. The truth is they dont 'lose' money they only want to gain more than the already have. As if 100 million copies and the most successful video game of all time wasnt enough for these vultures.
Back to top Go down
Louise

Louise

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:03 pm

It doesn't work and I don't think anything will stop people from making illegal copies of games, or anything else for that matter. For me personally, I am really put off by the rumour of this being included after reading everything I have done. That's the main reason why i'm not commiting myself to this game,, no matter how much I want it.

I hope EA does listen to what people have to say.
Back to top Go down
SimPod
Admin
Admin
SimPod

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Kidding?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Louise wrote:
It doesn't work and I don't think anything will stop people from making illegal copies of games, or anything else for that matter. For me personally, I am really put off by the rumour of this being included after reading everything I have done. That's the main reason why i'm not commiting myself to this game,, no matter how much I want it.

I hope EA does listen to what people have to say.

When EA stops making their money - THAT'S - when they'll listen! monkey
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpod.co.uk
Louise

Louise

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:57 pm

I hope it happens before then, i'm desperate to play TS3!
Back to top Go down
Angel

Number of posts : 7
Which Trait Best Describes You? : Artistic

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:16 am

I'm not going to boycott their games or anything because of it, but I do disagree with the principle. People are going to pirate things, no matter what they do. No matter how hard they try to keep their games from being pirated, there are hackers working twice as hard to get past it. I think it's wrong, because the players who buy it legally get stuck with an annoying program that could mess up their computer, while those who download pirated versions of the game without SecuRom don't get annoying things with it.

But I bought Spore with no ill effects, so I'm hoping nothing bad happens when I get The Sims 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?   What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of this SecuROM thingy?
Page 1 of 1